Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend #1


I wanted to start off this blog by discussing our first attempts at making Claire, what went wrong, and why this attempt is going a million times better and then some.

I'm a little exhausted from this weekend's festivities, so I'm going to save that post for another day. Instead I'm going to briefly go over what was our first full weekend of work on the movie.

On Saturday, a skeleton crew (consisting of myself, Dan, and Austin) ventured up to Ventura to shoot a small scene with Aidan (our "Jack") as well as get some stills and an interview for our "behind the scenes" footage. We first shot by the Ventura Pier, and it was a gorgeous day out (if not too windy). Aidan did a small interview where he discussed his reasons for wanting to be in the film and how the character of Jack resonated with him.
Afterwards, we went by the Community Memorial Hospital of San Buenaventura (if that's not a ridiculously long name for a hospital, I don't know what is!), where we shot the scene where Jack comes across Clarie's roadside cross. From the footage I've seen so far, it looks BEAUTIFUL. We picked a fabulous day to start shooting, and I'm excited to see how the scene looks in it's entirety!

The crew dropped off Aidan at work in West Hollywood, rejoiced over some delicious In 'n Out, and then went to Dave (our 3rd producer) and Vivian's house, where we shot some more producer interviews. Look for this installement sometime this week- I make my first appearance discussing my interest in working on Claire.


Today, we shot some more digital images of Jennifer (our "Claire") for the film. As you can see from the top image, they look awesome. She's comes out beautiful in pictures and is fabulous to work with.

Things are really getting off the ground here- I'm exicted for what lies ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Michelle! It was great meeting all of you last night. -Viviane

    ReplyDelete